Spend the day with a pro DJ taking you through a crash course of DJing from song selection and learning to beat match, to using EQ and building a set. It’s a really fun, hands on day and you’ll leave with loads of confidence and new DJ skills! You can work with our music or bring your own and by the end of your session, you’ll have a recorded a mimimix to take home with you!
1 DAY £350
From zero to Club DJ, you will work hard as you learn to mix and develop your style. The end goal is to record a mix prepared during your sessions and book a warm up gig at an event or to play to your friends. You’ll cover the core topics and have homework assigned each week, setting you up with good practice habits. This course includes an introduction to marketing yourself as a DJ, pointers on negotiating bookings and taking yourself on the road including troubleshooting, radio, guest mixes and networking.
6 WEEK CLUB DJ COURSE £550
Our DJ PRO course is designed to launch your new DJ career and acheive paid bookings. We’ll be there every step of the way as you learn each topic in-depth and develop your technical and performance skills, cultivating your DJ style and becoming a new voice on the scene. In addition to learning about bookings, the DJ PRO course includes an DJ photoshoot, introduction to Ableton for creating edits of your favourite tracks, and a step-by-step process in developing your identity and unique sound. We will break down the business side and introduce you to the DJ scene, share our contacts with you, and introduce you to relevant promoters.
12 WEEK PRO DJ COURSE £950
- History and development of DJing
- The role and responsibilities of the DJ
- Principals ofÂ working with sound
- Researching and analysing music
- Programming and selecting your music
- Overview of DJ equipment and related software
- In-depth workingsÂ of Rekordbox music management software
- Analysing tempo, energy and musicality of tracks
- Cuing, beat matching and phrasing
- Managing bass and EQ mixing techniques
- Alternative Mixing techniques (drop, blending, FX)
- Using hot cues, memory markers and loops
- Performance techniques and managing energy of a crowd
- Developing creative ideas and practice techniques
- Recording mixes and analysing progress
- DJing as a business
- Sign up using the book course button above
- We’ll contact you straight away to set up your sessions
- Tuesdays – Saturday 2-10pm available (each course lesson time is 2 hours)
- Pioneer USB and Technic vinyl players, Serato, Traktor
- Learn in any genre
- Take away your own DJ mix at the end of your course
- No experience necessary – just love your tunes!