GROUP DJ CLASSESGet on the decks and meet other new DJs.
- In small groups of 6-8 people you will develop your own DJ mix throughout the course. Each session is 2 hours each week; you'll learn a new skill like Beat Matching, FX or using Rekordbox DJ software. We will teach you how to practice at home, how to build up your music collection and how to network on the DJ / nightlife scene. The sessions are really fun, hands on and thorough; covering everything from the 1:1 courses. You will be given homework, learn how to play back to back with other DJs, and take home your DJ demo recorded in your final session. Available at Beginner and Intermediate level our classes are a fab way to learn with your friends and peers in a supportive and relaxed environment. The studio will provide soft drinks to all classes. Previous attendees have gone on to play for Gala Festival, Foundation FM, Voices Radio, The Yard, Brixton Jamm and Electrowerks Club.
- SIGN UP FOR NEXT GROUP DJ CLASS STARTS 11 JAN (6 SPACES AVAILABLE)
NEXT INTERMEDIATE CLASS 27 FEB SIGN UP
1:1 DJ COURSESStructured courses for all levels.
- Our most popular pack is 6x2 hour lessons. Fill out a Q&A on sign up to tell us about your DJ specific goals and favourite music; whether you're a newbie just starting out or a DJ looking to develop your career - a course will give you the structure to grow your skills and make new contacts through the studio. Your tutor will guide you step by step building up your confidence, musical ear and creativity on the decks. Receive a link to the live studio calendar to book in your sessions; easily managed online with flexible rescheduling if needed. Receive complimentary course notes alongside each lesson and we'll take some DJ snaps of you on the decks in your final session which you can use for promo. Learn using Rekordbox, Traktor, Serato or Vinyl (tell us your preference on sign up.)Previous clients have gone on to play Corsica Studios, Body Movements Festival, Night Tales, Field Maneuvres Festival, Boiler Room and NTS Radio.
1:1 HOURLY DJ LESSONSTaught at your experience level, with your music.
- Get stuck into any technical or creative aspect of DJing. You can work on specific goals, receive in depth feedback on your DJ mixes and develop strategies for getting gigs. Great for total newbies wanting to try out DJing, DJ's looking for a tune up & to try out more advanced techniques. Suitable for all levels; book in for an hourly lesson bookable straight into the studio calendar. We can work on individual technical elements of the DJ mixer like DJ FX, look at workflow and how you organise your music and how to grow your DJ opportunities. We can give homework tasks to follow up on and are always available to check back in with. We work with all experience levels and genres of music across Rekordbox, Vinyl, Traktor & Serato. Previous clients have gone onto play at Dalston Superstore, Southbank Centre, Colour Factory and Wireless Festival.
- BOOK 1:1 HOURLY DJ LESSONS
Artist, Music Producer & DJ
A.G can only be classed as a unique talent; her pioneering work as a DJ, radio host & producer is unparalleled – recently, nominated as Breakthrough Producer by DJ Mag Best of British 2021. A.G has been featured on Beats1, BBC Asian Network, BBC 1xtra, Rinse FM, & NTS where she currently presents Beauty Blender with co-host Manara. When not headlining clubs across UK, Europe & US; A.G can be found running DJ Workshops & playing at Outlook, Wireless, Afropunk & Nyege Nyege – East Africa’s biggest music festival. A.G is a resident at Cousins and recently scored the music for short film Essex Girls; a true icon and inspiration to her club community.
Cultural Producer, Partnerships & DJ
Originally from London, Ora has spent the last 8 years in Leeds where she sunk her teeth into the city’s DIY scene. Rising to become one of the city’s hottest DJs, she’s known for her turbulent and twisting sets, meandering through footwork, club, jersey and more. She spent her time in the northern city throwing parties, hosting DJ workshops and running a radio station before taking a step back and setting up her own booking agency, working with artists from marginalised backgrounds. Ora’s held radio residencies and DJ-ed all over the UK, sharing stages with the likes of LYZZA, LSDXOXO, Loraine James, Sherelle and Egyptian Lover
Founder & DJ
Involved in the rave and queer club scenes since the late 90s; Samantha is a fixture in London’s nightlife spinning at E1, Colour Factory, Dalston Superstore, The Cause & Sushi Samba. Her broad music collection spans the best in underground from across clubland finessed with house grooves. Samantha co-founded Hub16 Studios for electronic artists in 2014 whilst supporting nightlife with talent and resources. Her clients have gone onto festival lines ups, national radio and scooped up music awards. Samantha’s teaching style builds confidence and inspires students to be both technically informed and creative whilst pursuing their DJ goals.
I had a fantastic beginner DJ group session with Sam and 2 of my friends. It was the perfect balance of technical learning and fun participation. I was surprised at... read more
I did an intro session with a few pals - it was amazing. Sam has created a really beautiful, comfortable space to learn and have such a great time at... read more
Can't recommend hub16 enough. I've been learning to DJ with Sam and I've had an amazing experience. Not only is she incredibly experienced and knowledgeable about music and technology, she's... read more
Sam and the excellent team at HUB16 are the unsung heroes of electronic music in east London and beyond. I cannot say enough about the commitment and passion they have... read more
Best place to learn how to DJ!
Highly recommend the studio - had great experience. Samantha fab teacher have learned lots she’s also great fun!
- Indepth discussion about your DJ goals + experience
- Introduction to pro DJ equipment
- The principals of sound and bass
- Beat matching, beats, bars and phrasing
- EQ Mixing, Drop Mixing + DJ FX
- Organising and preparing your music
- Rekordbox playlists and gridding
- Analysing and listening to music like a DJ
- Preparing a setlist + recording
- Recording a DJ mix
- Prepare your DJ mix for online
- How to practice and develop your style
- What equipment you can use at home
- How to get DJ gigs with clubs and private events
- How to stay balanced and look after your well being