GROUP ABLETON CLASSESMake your own track over a few weeks.
- In small groups of 6-8 people you will develop your own track throughout the course. Each session is 2 hours each week; you'll learn a new skill like writing melodies using Ableton's midi tools, setting up your own template, automation & how to create different layers of sound like Basslines, Drums and Texture in your track. You will need your own laptop and a pair of headphones and the day class starts we reccomend you install the trial version of Ableton which runs for 90 days.Suitable for total newbies and DJs who want to start music production; our classes are a fab way to learn with your peers in a supportive and relaxed environment where questions are encouraged. The studio will provide soft drinks to all classes and we recommend you bring snacks as it's in the evening and we need your brains supercharged for learning! Secure your spot for £133 down with PayPal Later.
- SECURE YOUR SPOT 12 WEEK ABLETON CLASS (6:30PM SESSION)
- SECURE YOUR SPOT 12 WEEK ABLETON CLASS (8:30PM SESSION)
1:1 ABLETON COURSESComplete a body of work with our structured Ableton courses.
- We recommend a course for learning music production. There is alot to cover and the structure of a course can help you start, develop and complete a project. 3 lessons is a suitable basic introduction to Ableton; you'll get set up and start experimenting with sounds and developing ideas. 6 lessons is a good beginner level; you'll be able to move around Ableton and get towards completing the rough draft of your project. Our 9 pack will get you through to mixing down and finishing touches of a project from start to finish. Each pack of lessons is bespoke so if you're already using Ableton you can sign up to any course back and tell us about your experience and specific production goals in the on boarding Q&A.
1:1 HOURLY ABLETON LESSONSTaught at your experience level, with your projects.
- Our Hourly sessions are great try before you buy a 1:1 Course, or if you want to learn a specific subject in your music production journey. Suitable for total beginners, those who have used Ableton a bit; right through to DJ's who want to make edits and artists working on their first releases. Pick topics to look into like workflow, sound libraries & plugins. Look at developing beats, creating melodies, bass and sampling. Using Audio / Midi effects like EQ & Automation. Talk about your ideas, sound direction and creative vision. Figure out what tools, software or hardware to use in your practice. Work on your own music and define your own sound at your experience level.
- BOOK 1:1 HOURLY ABLETON LESSONS
Alaa aka CERPINTXT has performed in Cafe Oto, Electric Brixton, EGG, IKLECTIK, Shelter, Number 27, with tours in Thailand and Indonesia. Her work has been reviewed by The Wire, The Quietus, Mixmag, and DJ Mag She has a radio show on Radio Syg.ma and Root Radio, and performs regularly on Radio Alhara, Threads Radio, Ma3azef, Resonance FM, and Currents.fm.
AZADI.mp3 is a London based producer and singer who uses atmospheric soundscapes and densely textured visuals to explore moments of grace and failure. Her musical education was shaped by a mixture of parental car rides soundtracked by Irani heavy-hitters Googoosh and Shajarian, and anthems by AQUA and Missy Elliott in her headphones.
Bok Bok is Alex Sushon – South London-based DJ, artist, exec producer, & founder of cult label Night Slugs. Currently Bok continues to DJ globally as well as produce, remix, engineer and release records on NS – and new label AP Life – while maintaining their 12+ year long residency on London’s Rinse FM.
Multi-instrumentalist, producer and DJ, Laila Sakini, has performed worldwide across all forms of spaces often gracing radio stations from NTS to LYL, Dublab & Rinse FM, she’s now taking the step to focus on composition and production, with Boomkat touting her as “producing some of the most vital and brittle music of our time”.
Mwen’s creative practice melds the worlds of music technology, electronic music, live sound and performance. Mwen’s compositions and productions have received airplay on BBC Radio 1, BBC Radio 6, XFM, NTS, Rinse FM, been supported by DJs including Rob da Bank, Mary Anne Hobbs and Tom Robinson and synced to TV and fashion film.
Can't recommend hub16 enough. I've been learning to DJ with Sam and I've had an amazing experience. Not only is she incredibly experienced and knowledgeable about music and technology, she's... read more
Best place to learn how to DJ!
Highly recommend the studio - had great experience. Samantha fab teacher have learned lots she’s also great fun!
I had a fantastic beginner DJ group session with Sam and 2 of my friends. It was the perfect balance of technical learning and fun participation. I was surprised at... read more
I did an intro session with a few pals - it was amazing. Sam has created a really beautiful, comfortable space to learn and have such a great time at... read more
Sam and the excellent team at HUB16 are the unsung heroes of electronic music in east London and beyond. I cannot say enough about the commitment and passion they have... read more
- Software and settings tour
- Analysing music, developing ideas
- Sampling; presets, augmentation and creation
- Recording audio and processing
- Creating sound palettes
- Song structure and beat building
- Synthesis and FX
- Working with hardware
- Automation and mixing techniques
- Bouncing tracks
- Treating your home set up
- Workflow review and tips
- Preparing your work for release
- The business of music publishing
- Advice on home studio